Buy Fresh, Buy Local News
your source for locally grown happenings
BFBL Membership Campaign Underway
Posted: March 3, 2015
We are pleased to announce the Northeast Iowa Food & Farm Coalition (NIFF) and Food & Fitness Initiative (FFI) is sponsoring the Upper Iowa Buy Fresh Buy Local campaign again in 2015. Last year, the directory was completely paid for with memberships. We hope that you will see the value of this cooperative marketing effort and choose to join the Northeast Iowa BFBL campaign.
This year’s campaign will focus on:
• Printing and distributing 15,000 directories in the Inspire(d) magazine.
• Updated producer pages on www.iowafreshfood.com. All farmers at the Full membership will receive a scrolling banner ad on the webpage for 4 months.
• Participation at the local farmers markets
• Increasing awareness of campaign and its members through a presence in print, radio and internet media outlets.
• Hosting various educational events throughout the six counties.
Click here to see last year's directory.
Registration must be completed by APRIL 1 to be included in the directory. Our goal is to have the directories printed by June 1.
Complete your registration online in these easy steps!
1. Review the Participation Agreement and decide your participation level for this year by reviewing the Membership Page.
2. Print the Membership Page and mail it in or use this online form.
3. If you are paying by check, make the check to Allamakee County Extension and send to 21 Allamakee Street, Waukon, 52172. Credit cards are accepted via Paypal.
4. Full BFBL members get a webpage listing on www.iowafreshfood.com.
5. THAT'S IT! Thank you!
$40 for printed directory only
$65 Regular membership - printed and online listing
$125 Deluxe membership - printed and online banner listing
$25 BFBL Supporter (non-farmer membership, no listing)
Keep in mind that business marketing expenses and memberships are tax-deductible. Members will receive an email about choosing marketing materials for the year.
The NIFF Coalition is committed to making Buy Fresh Buy Local a sustainable annual campaign, but we need your participation to make it a reality. Please join us as we celebrate the value of fresh, healthy foods and help us connect Northeast Iowa area consumers with the delicious bounty of local foods. Call Teresa Wiemerslage for more information, 563-794-0599.