Buy Fresh, Buy Local News
your source for locally grown happenings
Searching for Market Beef for Farm to School
Posted: Mon, March 10, 2014
The Northeast Iowa Food & Fitness Initiative (FFI) is interested in providing locally raised beef to schools. We are looking for beef producers who are interested in becoming part of a supply pool coordinated by the Iowa Food Hub.
At this time, we are asking Northeast Iowa beef producers for two pieces of information:
1. Do you have an animal available on March 31 for this program? If yes, fill out this online bid form or click here to download a printable copy. Call Teresa Wiemerslage for additional information, 563-794-0599.
The Iowa Food Hub is accepting bids for one (1) beef cow for the Northeast Iowa Farm to School program. We are looking for:
- Crossbred beef market cows less than 4 years old. High dressing market cows are preferred.
- Animal must be delivered by the farmer by 8:00 am to the Waukon Quillins on March 31.
- Animal will be paid on live weight across a certified sale. Dated scale tickets are required.
- Producer will be paid on the submitted bid price. Producers will be paid within 7 days by the Iowa Food Hub.
- Animal must be in good health and free of any medications at the time of slaughter.
- The producerís name and/or farm name will be used on promotional materials in schools to help connect kids to the farmers that produced the food for their lunch.
2. Would you like to be involved in this program in the future? If yes, fill out this online form to join the Beef Supplier Pool or click here to download a printable copy. Call Teresa Wiemerslage for additional information, 563-794-0599.
Download a program flyer.